Friday, November 11, 2011

#2 The Lord works in mysterious ways

As I stood in the shower and stared in the mirror at my face, hands and arms, I thought to myself, what have I done. I kept asking Alyssa, who looked at me as if I looked perfectly normal, God bless her, "am I going to be okay?" "How bad is it?", even though I was looking in the mirror and could see how bad it was.

About that time, we could hear the sirens and I knew I had to get on some dry clothes. I was soaking wet and shaking. It had crossed my mind what Brandon would say or think. I actually thought, in my state of delusion, that there was a chance Brandon would not want to be with me if I looked like Freddy Krueger. Ridiculous, I know. That was the furthest thing from reality I came to realize. When Brandon made it back to the apartment Alyssa warned him that I was worried and scared. Calmly, Brandon entered the bathroom and said "Baby, what did you do?" he only words that would form were "I'm sorry." Brandon comforted me and told me everything was going to be fine and made a little joke in attempt to make the moment a little less painful. Alyssa and Brandon were helping me change into dry clothes when the fireman arrived.

I did not realize until that moment that the fire was out, gone, nothing but smut was left. Alyssa told me that while I was laying on the porch the a gust of cold winter wind blew through the apartment and put the fire out. God. There was no other word for it.

As the firemen poured into the apartment I was so ready to get to the hospital I walked right out of the bathroom without a shirt on and a towel draped over my shoulders, not a care in the world. The firemen asked me to sit down and asked me a million questions. The longer I sat, the worse my face and arms hurt. The warm air in the apartment was burning my open wounds. At that point I became hysterical. I was shaking furiously because of the pain. I wish I would have blacked out. I just kept repeating one statement over and over again until they finally did what I kept asking of them, "take me to the hospital!"

As I left the apartment, I kept reminding myself of one thing... Earlier as Alyssa was helping me get dressed I asked her to pray for me and she responded, I already have and you ARE going to be FINE. I asked the firemen in the the back of the rescue vehicle to pray for me as well. I knew the Lord was the only one who could save me.

I arrived at the hospital shirtless and boyfriendless, they did not let Brandon come with me because we were not married. I sure did miss him that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment