Thursday, January 31, 2013

#10 Hospital and Healing Photos























This is what I looked like at the hospital. Because Brandon and I were not married he was not able to sit with me in the emergency room. Mom and Scot (my stepdad) were not able to get to the hospital right away, because all of the roads were closed due to a massive snow storm that occurred the night of my injury. My mom and stepdad finally arrived and this is how my parents first saw me. My face was so swollen I could not see and so dehydrated I could barel talk. I was without pain meds for the first 72 hours.


Before surgery took place those bandages that you see on my arms had to be removed. This was the 2nd most excruciating pain I have ever had. I was without pain meds and bandages that were a day old, removing those bandages ripped the skin, scabs, fluid, dried blood and ooze off my tender arms.




After surgery............
The green/brown sleeves were  vacuums for my arms after the surgery to help the fluid drain.



Below is my face after surgery and then my skin graft area on my upper thigh.






Sometimes God puts people in your life that act as your protector/comforter/friend for a brief moment in time. This young lady was truly my guardian angel during this time in my life. She was God's angel put here for me. She was a familiar face in mass chaos, light in darkness, a friend in a strange and terrifying place, Katie DeBord. She is the older sister of one of my dearest friends, Ashley DeBord Hardin. I dont believe in coincidences, I believe in the will of the Lord and His grand plan.



After the bandages came off.....





No comments:

Post a Comment